Antique Lock Repairs & Heritage Key Cutting
We specialise in the hand-cutting of heritage keys and restoration of antique locks, such as those found on old churches, listed buildings and stately homes. Traditional methods are used to hand craft replacement parts and new keys, returning these treasured pieces of lock history back to their former glory. We can then use specialist techniques to add an aged patina to the keys for added aesthetics.
We have worked extensively with Harewood House, Castle Howard, Wentworth House, Bletchley Park, the National Trust and many churches and private listed buildings. This somewhat dying art is a real passion and labour of love and really brings alive the true artistry of locksmithing.
For a little insight into some of the work I’ve done, here’s a link to the blog for Castle Howard;
Heritage locks can be reinstated in a historic building alongside more modern security where appropriate, which provides a good balance between conservation and preservation.
- Keys are hand cut on forged steel blanks.
- Lock components hand crafted using traditional methods.
- Finished keys are aged using tarnishing techniques, to create an aesthetically pleasing end result.
Call Today To Discuss Your Requirements
With Our Locksmith
07794 713 878 ■ 01909 565 161
- Conservation and Restoration of heritage locks.
- Keys hand cut to each individual lock, demonstrating the true artistry of Locksmithing.